Monday, May 22, 2006

My Working Domain

Well I started work in a small animal hospital in my hometown in Kuching, Sarawak. It is called City Veterinary centre. This is the best animal health care provider over here.

A little bit of history of the hospital. I did not know when it was established but I knew that this place was already here when I know about dogs which was almost twenty years ago.

The veterinarians and staff are wonderful people. Highly qualified and experinced. Most of them were the top students of the UPM Vet Faculty. I have learnt so much here. Years of experince and high case load of the hospital has really fine tune their diagnostic procedures. We have seven veterinarian and about ten vet technicians.

The case load here is very high. In my opinion it is much higher than UPM especially during Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Times goes by really fast and by the end of the day you are alread burned out. Let me describe the case load here, in one typical WEEK the place will have at least five Canine Parvovirus cases on Intensive Care, 3 Urinary tract Disease requiring Surgery, about 15 review of Urinary and Kidney Disease cases, 10 dental scaling, FLUTD about 5. Maggot wound about 5. Hit by Car with Surgery about 2-3. HBC conservative management about 10. Skin disease cases about 20+. Vaccination and deworming daily about 5-9. Abcesses draining about 7-10 cases per week. Diarrhoea and Inappetance 2-3 per day. Tick Fever 5 cases per week. Exotic animal cases about 2 per week. I didn't even mentioned about undiagnosed cases!We have more dog cases compare to cats.

Working hours is normally from 8-5pm daily, saturday is half day with 2 nights(7-8.30) per week and two alternate working Sundays. The pay is quite high. One of the highest starting basic pay in M'sia.

Expectation from the senior clinicians are quite high. So have to read often and update myself regularly.


I must say I enjoy myself here.
This is a good start for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger pam said...

hey belayongman! realy glad to hear somthin from your blog. u've been lazy.. not lazy.. kinda abandoned ur blog lately. glad to have u back, hehe.

wow.. are you sure all that you've written in ur blog happens everyweek?????? oh my, tat is like. not only twice, but i would say 7-8times higher case load than UVH!! goodness,.. i'm still scratching my head - is it true??

as for me.. i'm busy holidaying around .. been to genting last 2 weeks, then kuantan and sabah last week, at first planned for cameron/ pangkor this week but tak jadi, then next week going langkawi.. later in june going singapore.. wowow... it's gonna be rollercoaster - fun! ;)'

oops.. my money...

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! mature fat Mcse+onlinecourse Specifications kenmore dishwashers

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... liposuction marina alfa romeo guilia 1965 1966 1967 tramadol

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home