Saturday, July 15, 2006

Earning Some Respect

Nowadays I could smell a difficult client even before they come inside the treatment room. Last Wednesday was that day. This difficult lady came in with a puppy. The puppy was a few days old. It was barely alive. It was having shallow breathing and upon ascultation i knew it's heart was failing. After a few seconds looking over it, it stopped breathing, the heart beat was irregular.

It was just like reflex, I immediately gave CPR to the dog. I massaged the chest and on the snout of the dog I blew precious air into its' tiny little lung. Without haste, I gave doxapram underneath the tongue. After 5 cycles of CPR, I managed to resuscitate the dog. The dog lives again!

Stabilized the dog for that time being. The owner I could feel looked at me in a different way. I gained her respect. So much for her thinking that new doctors are not as competent as senior doctors. The owner was cost concious,

Sadly after much effort, the dog died about an hour later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leo said...

YO! Lama didn't hear from you. I'll might be doing small animal clinic prac in city vet somewhere this dec. Watch out ya! :P

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Debt reduction atlanta buy discount patanol online

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Rules texas limit holdem buy mobile phones online Domestic merchant high risk account auto insurance compare purchase How do i burp my waterbed

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home