Monday, August 29, 2005

Finished !

Wow my rotation days in the wards is finally over. Now can relax and watch movies, that is after tuesday. I'm having ruminants exam on Tuesday. Still I like procrastinating. I still have more than 18 hours to go until exams. At least I'm on study leave. Yeah! FUCK it.

Went back to the wards for a while without my lab coat on. I wore my hip hop gear today. Imagine: "Eminem in Will the Real Slim Shady Please Stand Up" gear. It's an oversize plain white T-shirt with baggy jeans. Matching I tell u! It's freedom of expression. I'm not wearing anything revealing am I? Except that I am revealing that I have a fashion sense. I was even reminded by some of classmates, in class, the dress code. They even supplied me with a pamphlet with the dress code ruling.In the wards, one of the doctors was staring at me funny. Besides I'm in my final year, who would want to tell me off. If they ask I will answer, " You're the fashion police is it ?"

I found out that my dogs miss me. Esmeralda and Bobo. Bobo, a Shih Tzu, was barking his head off. She quiet awhile when I was there. In my absence they put her into a cat cage. She was in a dog's cage yesterday. Eventhough she is 5.4 kg and small she doesn't deserve the disrepect of being a cat.I will post her pictures soon.

This afternoon later going swimming again. Yesterday went swimming, after completing my usual 1 km swim, suddenly Ivan, an old friend who's doing Master's in Operating System design, came up with his juniors and challenged me for a 300m swim. They were other two of them, both are wannabe life guards. Tired as I am, I have no fear. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog" that's what I kept telling myself. Mind you, I just completed my 1 km swim.

If I was a race-horse, I termed myself a finisher. I start slow but until the end of the race I'll sprint, and catch them by surprise. I like doing this. This always catch people off guard when their reserve energy has runned out. The swim started off with two of the juniors sprinting away for the first 100m. Typical. Me and Ivan went slowly head to head at first. Ivan is also a finisher.

150m I'm revving up. Ivan revves up. The two junior has slowed down. 200m, I'll wait for Ivan to sprint first. He sprints at 225metres. I physched myself on, Once Upon a Time In China Music is already playing in my head. Here goes the sprint. 250m, final turn, me and Ivan head to head, the juniors in front of us. Bad turn for me, lost my breath there. It's do or die from here. Me and Ivan head to head. 275m. All of us head to head.

SHIT! My arms and legs starts to get really cold and crampy. Feels like and electric short circuit going through pulsing my arms. Damn, my reserve finish. 285m, and finishing. Pushing my limits. No breath zone, no more air intake, at this point this differentiate the winners (Going out for air will cause reduction in the aerodynamics of your body thus slowing you down). My arms starting to fail me. My vision getting darker. The other three, is getting faster. Damn couldn't do anything. I got last. My time was 6 minutes and 10 seconds. The other was 6 plus and Ivan was under 6.

Have to go back home and eat more protein shakes. Steroids? Nah...

4 Comments:

Blogger doBot said...

Finisher? MMmm...its remind me one stage of broiler chicken?

9:01 PM  
Blogger pam said...

yeah.. with your white baggy shirt, i cant shake the idea of arbor acre finisher off my head. kokokoko...

4:09 PM  
Blogger ZeroGravity said...

My god, U guys are very supportive in a different way.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Fanfan said...

nevermind la davies You will be the only broiler chicken that can really swim .. that's something great ? anyway don forget to comment on my post !!! TQ

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home