Friday, September 09, 2005

Cameronian Tea Experience

As I mention in my last post, I'm having a one week semester break. Being the kind of people who live hedonistically and embracing the 'carpe diem' principle I decided to forget about my exams and joined my juniors for jungle trekking trip at Cameron Highlands. It's a embrace and respect nature programme organised by Ali Anwar of the Zoologico Society. Actually we were supposed to rough it up at Belum forest, however this is fine.

We started out our journey on a fine Sunday morning. After saying my goodbyes to Esmeralda( my patient in the wards).

We a group of 22 DVM undergradutes went off in two vans. The van was filled with food, luggage and excitement.


On the way there, we stopped for lunch at a hot spring. The rocks are really hot, you can get burn if you stepped in the wrong places.

Not knowing really where were going to stay, I imagined it was some kind of on top of a shop house kinda of dormitory. Boy am I in for a shock.

The place where were going to stay is a Malaysian Nature Society(MNS) Retreat Centre. It is located on top of a mountain near Mount Irau at the height of 6000 plus feet above sea level, surrounding it is a wide expanse of BOH tea plantation.


The road leading up to the MNS centre.


A view outside the chalet, almost late in the evening.

Not wanting to be just in the MNS centre we set out for an adventure.


We went to a bee farm.


A butterfly farm


Look a Rajah Brooke on my crotch


Can you spot the leafy bug?


And now spot the leafy frog.


Over there at night a different dinner theme is selected every night. There was barbeque night, steamboat night and stuck in the middle of the highway night(tell u about this later)


Inside the dorm.. The dorm is price at RM 10 per night. Cheap. It gives you a longhouse feel. I feel like in m grandma's long house.


THis is me meditating in the mountains.

Go here for more pictures. A special thanks to Leo the Vomit girl.

There's a lot more to write about. I will continue next time.
Next part will be the Climb to Gunung Brinchang, Mossy Forest Jungle Walk, Lost in Mount Irau jungle walk and Stranded in the Middle of Nowhere Highway.

4 Comments:

Blogger pam said...

yo! RM3 for 24 is goodness-cheap! aiyo.. u could hav donated 1 for each of ur coursemate waaa.. RM3 only wat.. :P

hehe, anyway, who took tat meditatin pic for you>? boy.. he/she's a GENIUS! ;)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Leo said...

CILAKA LU!!! Habis bertarnish my image ar!! Chieh!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger ZeroGravity said...

Yelah RM 3 only...and still ? .. no need to say anymorelah...
Thanks to Pei San for taking the picture, it was under my guidance though.

Leonara I'm not tarnishing your image but you have set the faculty record for most vomit episode in a van ride. Even the van cannot tahan you anymore and broke down. Maybe we should have a new plate on the wall of the faculty for best student for vommiting.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Fanfan said...

i really love the picture of belayong man meditating !! tHE GREENERY makes me feel cool breeze.. so nice la

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home